5 Perfect Things: Welcoming Summer
I was sick this week and missed out on Memorial Day weekend, so this weekend I’m officially kicking off my summer .
To me, a successful summer is about capturing some of the things that made summer so wild and magically wonderful as a kid. I try to slow the pace and be grateful for what’s going on around me, spend time outside in the long daylight, and be more playful with my creative projects.
So to kick off my summer, my weekend plans include: winning a competitive round of miniature golf on a date with my hubby, attending the farmer’s market, antiques market and my very favorite food festival, getting extra sleep, eating a gourmet donut for breakfast and not taking life too seriously.
How are you kicking off the summer? Here are a few of my recent internet discoveries to keep you busy this weekend. See you back next week!
1. Picnic in the park with-or-without one of these.
(BONUS: When you’re done, you can re-enact Say Anything.)
2. Take a long drive to nowhere, blaring favorite tunes or this playlist.
3. Get active and make a treat at the same time using an ice cream ball.
4. Make these grown-up Bourbon Peaches and Cream popsicles.
5. Grab a camera and a friend and have some fun with shadows.